Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pirelli SL-38 Unico

Monday, February 16, 2009, my scooter tyre arrived, that is Pirelli SL-38 UNICO 110/80-10 sized for my rear wheel.


Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 11.00 AM, I change my rear Pirelli SL-26 with Pirelli SL-38 UNICO. It take about 20 minute to replace the tyre.


The thread is design for a wet surface, but not limited on a dry surface.

Let's try it on a real road condition.

Turn on my scooter and run it about 40kmh on a dry road condition. Wow, my scooter is very stable, I don't sense any wrong movement on the rear when I tried to move in and out so sudden. Even when push hard my scooter on high speed and high acceleration, I can control my scooter easily.

What about on a wet condition?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009, the road is wet after the rain fall not to heavy. The rain is stop, time to test the tyre. I choose time after the rain stop, because it's the time when water is not moving and will cause the aqua planning on the tyre.

Run my scooter as usual, speed 40, 60 and 80kmh, and run a slalom. The tyre keep my scooter stay onto the ground, this is good, When I hit the brake, my scooter is stop correctly, only a small amount unnecessary movement. But ordinary rider won't feel it either.

My opinion is: This is tyre is impressive!!!

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you contact om Uma for the exact price

    ReplyDelete
  2. could the size (110/80-10) fit into my Free EX's rear without any major modification?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kymco Free EX ? I don't think so, because rim size has an ideal tyre size. And your scooter rim size should be on 100 maximum sized, If you try to fit 110 on the rim, then it would not be safe.

    Beside, there is another problem if you try to fit 110 sized, the tyre would damaging your rear shock absorber.

    ReplyDelete