Friday, August 31, 2007

Testing Shell Advance 10W-40

Wednesday, August 29, 2007, I buy a brand new oil, that is Shell Advance VSX 10W-40. I am so curious about this oil, because it is cheaper a bit than the oil that I used before.

At 8.20 pm, I drain the oil and fill it with the new one.

Thursday, August 30, 2007, I test it on the way to the office. I turn on the engine and wait until it ready.

I run my scooter with my beloved wife. I dislike it power and torque, because it is not like before. The power has drop, I don't know the exact number, but I can feel it. While I'm riding my scooter, I can feel that the engine too hard to operate, may be if I remove some milliliter of the oil it will help out.

At 4.00 pm, I go to the parking line and see the oil gauge. Hem, I think I should do it right away to decrease the oil level. But I don't brought any tools right now, what should I do? Don't tell me that I should go home and do it on the garage. But I don't have any choice didn't I?

At 8.40 pm, in the garage, I decrease some amount of the oil. I don't like this way, because it riskying the engine life.

Friday, August 31, 2007, I test it again. This time the engine power is not like before, it increase. But still, I don't like it, I expect more than this. Should I decrease it again?