Monday, October 30, 2006

Heavy Duty Oil

Saturday, October 21th, 2006, I change my scooter engine oil with heavy duty oil (diesel oil). Last time I used motorcycle oil SAE 15W-50 API SG, now I used heavy duty oil SAE 15W-40 API CI-4.

My first impression about this oil is, my scooter noise become more silently. Don't know why is this could be happen? Can't wait 'til next test, and I prepare some point to test about this oil performance.

First is the vibration. I test my scooter to run about 20-40kmh, because this is the best speed range for testing a vibration. Hemm..., my scooter become very very low vibration, better than before. Even I know, that my scooter is low vibration, but with this oil, the vibration is lower than before. Amazing!

Second test is acceleration. I stop my scooter and try to run from 0 to 20kmh. Wow, the acceleration is better than before, it seem's that this oil work better than a motorcycle oil. I open throttle widely again and see what will happen with the power, I can feel the power has become extremely higher than before. No loosen power from low to top end. Feel that I would go faster and more faster with my scooter, I don't wanna stop riding my scooter.

Thursday, October 26th, 2006, I test my scooter against Z's that using racing muffler. Remember that my scooter are only 100cc and my rival using 115cc. I catch up him, and open a match. Hehehe, crazy match isn't it? How can 100cc win against 115cc that using racing muffler. But the fact say different! My scooter win against Z.

Enough with the test, and I run slowly to my garage and stop my scooter. I hug it deeply, I'm very proud for you!

10 comments:

  1. huge it deeply? bisa ya? :D

    *bayangin ai_zeus meluk freeEx*

    ReplyDelete
  2. uups..ralat typo:

    huge it deeply, seharusnya: hug it deeply

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huehehe, bisa dong, mari kita menghayal :P

    Hajar aja bleh

    ReplyDelete
  4. oli diesel buat skuter ? jadi kepikiran dan kebetulan nih. supra 125 saya belakangan rasanya geter banget, ndri ! sampe tangan kesemutan. gara-gara nyoba kymco jadi sensi deh ma yang satu ini, xixixixi.

    tapi mikir-mikir, mungkin gara-gara pake oli 15W-50 ? standarnya 20W-50. nah, baca artikel ini jadi ada pencerahan. matur nuwun ya, mas bro.

    balik lagi, ora opo-opo nih matik hajar oli diesel ? mengingat kekentalannya, logikanya harusnya tarikan lebih berat bukan ?

    tok
    (gak bisa pakai identity jadi pake anonymous :( )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scooter "sangat bisa" menggunakan oli mesin diesel, karena tidak menggunakan JASO MA (standarisasi untuk mencegah kopling selip). Karena JASO MA inilah, makanya oli itu juga diwajibkan melumasi dan membuat friksi pada kopling, efeknya gerak piston tidak lancar.

    Oli mesin diesel dirancang sangat baik, karena mesin diesel memiliki berat hampir 2x mesin bensin. Mesin diesel rata2 memiliki kompresi 1:20 lebih. Oleh karena itu, oli diesel dituntut dapat melumasi menghadapi tekanan dan friksi yang luar biasa tinggi serta mampu membersihkan ruang bakar, karena jelaga pada mesin diesel sangat tinggi.

    Untuk kekentalannya, semakin kental, maka tarikan akan semakin berat.

    Saya menggunakan 15W-40 yang artinya lebih encer pada suhu optimum dari standar pabrik yg menyarankan 15W-50. Jadi kesimpulannya performa mesin jelas akan meningkat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. judul olinya apa bro ?

    david

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amsoil Motorcycle Oil 26 Different Motorcycle Oil tests. You compare. Serving the US and Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I will test Amsoil. I know that this product is great too, but it's kinda hard to find it in Indonesia.

    Does anyone can help?

    ReplyDelete
  9. iya seharusnya hug with deeply.. hehehe ;p

    ReplyDelete